We are expanding our team with experienced profiles who are passionate about data science and AI. As a Senior Data Scientist, we expect you to:
· Hold a PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline; or hold a Master in one of these disciplines and have worked in an R&D context.
· Have 5-10 years of experience data analytics, with hands-on knowledge about state-of-the-art ML/AI technologies, and a strong knowledge on software engineering best practices.
· Be familiar with R&D proposal preparation and supervision of small project teams.
· Have contributed to the management and execution of innovative industry-driven R&D projects, in collaboration with (small) project teams you supervised.
· In order to fit in our collaborative and international environment, you are creative, dynamic and are able to work independently yet transparently towards colleagues. In addition, you are also a strong team player, both with colleagues as well as with external partners. Both individual and team problem solving skills are crucial in this position.
· You know how to interpret research results and transform them into innovative, applied solutions.
· You have the desire to work with the industry and to turn research results into services.
· You enjoy presenting results in a tangible way and can demonstrate engaging teaching skills by sharing knowledge with industry via workshops, seminars, masterclasses and industrial journals and newsletters.
· Knowledge about the following is a plus: statistical and machine learning tools such as scikit-learn and Pandas, non-relational databases such as MongoDB or time series databases such as InfluxDB.
· You have an excellent command of English and are able to clearly formulate arguments and reasoning. Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a plus.
· And most of all: you are a fast learner that keeps on learning, improving and innovating in a continuously changing and fast-growing environment.